WHAT’S A HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
An HSA offers you the following advantages:
- Invest the funds and take them with you. Unused account dollars at the end of the year will roll over to the next year. If you leave nbkc or retire, you can take your HSA with you and continue to pay and save for future qualified expenses.
- HSA dollars may be spent on the www.HSAstore.com at any time. All items on the HSA Store are HSA eligible and provide fast and easy home delivery on non-prescription healthcare related items.
- Covered by an HSA-qualified High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Not covered by another non-HDHP (including a spouse’s plan)
- Not enrolled in Medicaid, Medicare or TriCare
- Not eligible to be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return
- Not enrolled in a Medical FSA (including your spouse through their employer)
2022 Health Plan
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Health Savings Account (HSA) is an individually owned, tax-advantaged account that may be used to pay for qualified medical expenses, such as doctors’ visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs, vision care, dental expenses, and certain over the counter items; or saved for retirement and certain long-term care expenses.
Your HSA account is portable, it stays with you for life—even if you change jobs, become unemployed, or retire.
You may open an HSA if you are enrolled in a High Deductible health plan that the IRS considers to be HSA compatible, such as our three HDHP plans offered at nbkc. There are no income limits with regard to opening the HSA account.
Once you decide to open as HSA, please make sure you are not covered by any of the following:
- Medicare or Tricare Coverage
- Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Spouse’s general purpose health FSA
- Veteran’s Administration (VA) benefits within the last three months
You may use HSA funds to pay for qualified medical expenses, such as doctors’ visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. You may also use your HSA for services that are not covered under your health plan, such as certain over-the-counter items, dental fees, vision care, and long-term care expenses and premiums.
No, it does not have a “use it or lose it” rule. It rolls over from year-to-year.
- First, be sure to enroll in one of our qualifying high deductible plans during new hire enrollment or during our annual open enrollment
- Next, select your HSA contribution amount through ADP. This amount can be changed as frequently as you want between pay periods
- Human Resources will contact you to help you set up your nbkc HSA account
- Within 7-10 business days you will receive your nbkc HSA debit card
Yes, you are able to select your contribution amount, and make changes at any time through ADP. nbkc bank offers a 3 year $500 anniversary award and a 5 year $1,000 anniversary award that may be applied towards your HSA.